Monday, April 23, 2012

I absolutely LOVE stitching with red

I could have everything in my house stitched in red...red...red...everywhere. My coffee grinders are red, my Griswold antique cast iron pans are red and cream, red and cream doilies, red and yellow cabbage roses on the wing chairs, I could go on and on. So I stitched with red last week. I stitched my Welcome rooster pattern on 32ct linen that I overdyed a little...changed it a little to make it bigger for the frame I have....I stitched a bird ornament, I did a new mini ornament (pattern available soon after I finish it) for Treasured Friend and Best wishes and Happy stitches...and Sara finished I'll put the kettle on in red for me.
It's back to patterns this week and lots of frame orders so there probably won't be time for stitching. I needed a break anyways. These sore hands can only do so much.
OK CATHERINE....here's a peek!

I hope all of you had a good weekend. Spring has arrived here and all the flowers are in bloom and spectacular. I need to stop and smell the roses!

Have a great day!
Nancy

16 comments:

  1. Great stitching Nancy! I love red too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful stitching! Red is such a wonderful color!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely stitching - I have to have the Treasured friend and Best Wishes and Happy Stitches one - just beautiful xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love red as well...especially when it is your dyed threads! Off to stitch in red....

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nancy
    I am thrilled to hear that you have taken some much needed time for yourself...certainly overdue! Your stitching in RED is wonderful. I, too, love red...I once read a refreshing statement about the color; it was referencing a quilter's conclusion, when attempting to create a RED quilt...ALL REDS MATCH!!!! ...and the finished quilt was beautiful.
    I hope you may consider offering hand dyed linen to accompany your trims.
    Busy Hands...Happy Heart
    Patricia

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nancy: Red is a beautiful color, now that you have teased us you need to post pictures of the red items from your home on your blog so we may drool a little.
    Love the new patterns.
    Catherine

    ReplyDelete
  7. oooo you have been busy with your needle and they all look fab and thanks for sharing your red goody photos ..lol love mouse xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love red work designs ~ yours are wonderful!!!
    Love all the reds in your photos!
    Prim Blessings
    Robin

    ReplyDelete
  9. The reds are beautiful.
    I love the pics!
    Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful designs and stitching. Your photographs of your home look wonderful. I'm glad you took a bit of a rest this week. The reds in your collection are beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I feel the same way! I just love stitching red on white or white on red (there are some beautiful red luganas out there now!).

    I even have a RED car now oh and a red winter coat... a red raincoat... you get the point I heart red!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love red too, Nancy. Lovely pieces. Looking forward to the Friends design, will keep a lookout for it.
    I have had a red car for years and am getting a new front door that will be a burgandy red. Love it! Love Phonex fabric by PTP too. Ok, I'll stop for now...LOl.
    Judy in Kansas

    ReplyDelete
  13. Nancy...

    Love your beautiful stitching! Red is my favorite color...Darlene xxoo

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love stitches in red, too. Do you sell those blazing needles? I need some of those, please! Great projects!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Red is one of my very best friends.... ;o) Gorgeous new designs my friends....and love the peeks into your amazing collections! Smiles & Hugs ~ Robin

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love the way red and white go together in quilts and stitchery and everything else -- yours are gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete